The REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Market Survey measures quarterly activity in the commercial real estate markets. The survey collects data from Commercial REALTORS®. The survey is designed to provide an overview of market performance, sales and rental transactions, along with current economic challenges and future expectations.
2014 Q1 Survey Highlights
- 66% of commercial REALTORS® closed a sale.
- Sales volume rose 11% from a year ago.
- Sales prices increased 4% year-over-year.
- Cap rates averaged 8.2% during Q1.14
- Leasing activity advanced 5% from previous quarter.
- Rental rates increased 2% over previous quarter.
- Concession levels declined 4% on a quarterly basis.
- Inventory shortage topped the list of current challenges, followed by pricing gap.
- The estimated average transaction rose from $1.2 million in Q4.13 to $1.4 million in Q1.14